The EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 500 international student advising centers in more than 270 countries. The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited postsecondary institutions in the United States. The EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals. The EducationUSA is your official source on U.S. higher education.

Your link is almost ready.

Please wait...
The One of the most attractive features of the U.S. higher education system is the flexibility it provides through the number and diversity of institution types it encompasses. This diversity offers students options to specialize in a variety of academic disciplines and even gain employment training. More than 14,500 accredited institutions make up U.S. higher education in the United States. Unlike many countries, U.S. higher education institutions are not centrally organized or managed, but are accredited on a national or regional level by independent accrediting bodies. A variety of institution types offer higher-education degrees. Liberal arts institutions, for example, offer courses in the arts, humanities, languages, and social and physical sciences. The majority of liberal arts institutions are private. Private colleges and universities are funded by a combination of endowments, gifts from alumni, research grants, and tuition fees. Private colleges and universities are usually smaller than public institutions and can have a religious affiliation or be single-sex schools. The Community colleges are another option and provide two-year associate degree programs to prepare students to continue studies for an undergraduate degree or help them gain occupational skills for immediate employment. State colleges and universities, also called "public universities," were founded and subsidized by U.S. state governments to provide a low-cost education to residents of that state. Public universities generally offer access to research opportunities and classes in a wide variety of fields of study. These universities tend to be very large and generally admit a wider range of students than private universities. Each student's interests will guide his/her choice among the many possibilities. Our Regardless of the institution type, in the United States, students typically earn credits for courses they take and these credits count towards the completion of a program. Courses are often divided into "core" subject areas to provide the foundation of the degree program and "major" courses to provide specialization in a subject area. Students can also take "elective" courses to explore other topics of interest for a well-rounded educational experience. The U.S. academic calendar typically runs from September to May and can be divided into two academic terms of 14-18 weeks known as semesters. Alternatively, some schools may operate on a quarter or trimester system of multiple terms of 10-11 weeks.
With the variety of available U.S. higher education options, students are sure to find the right fit for their academic, financial, and personal needs Many in U.S. institutions offer a variety of student housing options and services on the college campus. On campus, students usually live in residence halls or dormitories, which are student apartment buildings that are often called "dorms." Among the options are dorms for men- or women-only, freshman-only, and academic-, language-, or theme-focused housing to support diverse student interests. Students usually share rooms, and the environment can be a great place to meet new friends quickly. Campus housing has on-site staff who are usually upperclassmen who know the campus well and serve as an information resource for all dorm residents. The Students dine in cafeterias located on campus where they can find a number of food options to meet cultural and dietary needs. Student health centers provider basic medical services to the student population. USA Opportunities for recreation and club involvement help enrich the campus life experience. Academic, cultural, athletic, and special interest clubs meet to socialize and explore common interests. The housing, support services, and extracurricular activities on U.S. campuses help students form a community within their campus
You've now reached Step 3: Complete Your Application. This step covers the general application requirements for U.S. colleges and universities. Applying for U.S. study is a task that takes time and concentration as each application is different and involves collecting recommendations, writing essays, and routing the results of required standard examinations. Plan to give this step the time it deserves for a successful result. Choose your level of study to learn more about completing your application.
EducationUSA offers a variety of resources and information on U.S. higher education for foreign governments and institutions.

Engage with the U.S. Government:

U.S. Higher Education:

Student Mobility Data:

Foreign government educational or cultural attachés in the Washington, D.C. area can reach out directly to EducationUSA's Washington team or, if outside of the United States, via an EducationUSA center, REACs, or the nearest U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

U.S. institutions of higher education are eager to recruit qualified international students to their campuses and classrooms. International students bring unique perspectives and experiences that add tremendously to the life and culture of U.S. institutions. In addition to recruiting qualified international students, U.S. institutions may be interested in establishing partnerships with institutions in other countries. Partnerships can involve a variety of activities, such as joint research or teaching initiatives or engaging in formalized faculty or student exchanges. Our internationally-based Regional Educational Advising Coordinators (REACs) are international student mobility experts with deep knowledge of the educational systems in their regions. REACs possess a wide array of contacts at U.S. institutions of higher education. Our more than 500 EducationUSA advisers can also provide information about U.S. institutions that visit their country and express interest in international partnerships. EducationUSA program officers based in Washington, D.C. can facilitate conversations with U.S. institutions, as well. When pursuing partnerships with U.S. institutions, it is important to understand the unique circumstances of each. Some colleges and universities may be interested in recruiting more international students and may have funding to contribute while others may not. Some may be more interested in establishing faculty exchanges or joint-degree programs. Each institution is different and will have its own set of goals and resources available. Be sure to explain what your interests and ideas are at the beginning to ensure that you develop a mutually beneficial relationship. EducationUSA emphasizes to students the importance of finding their "best fit" institution – the same applies for university partnerships
Austria Visa Application Requirements Austria Visa Application Requirements Depending on the purpose of your travel to Austria, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Austria Schengen Visa, accordingly. You can apply for the Austrian Schengen Visa since 1997 when Austria as an EU Member State also became a member state of the Schengen Area. Read more at General required documents for a Austrian Schengen Visa Application: Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy. 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. Travel health insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Austria and the entire Schengen area. A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Austria and itinerary Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Austria Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Austria. Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable) Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Austria Read more at If employed: Employment contract Current bank statement of the latest 6 months Leave permission from employer Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary If self-employed: A copy of your business license Company bank statement of the latest 6 months Income Tax Return (ITR) If a student: Proof of enrollment No-objection certificate from school or university If retired: Pension statement of the latest 6 months If applicable: Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months *Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country. Read more at Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Austrian Visa application. Additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Austrian Visa Application: Austrian Tourist Schengen Visa additional requirements: Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable Bank statement of the last 6 months Passport copies Austrian Schengen Visa for Business Purposes: Invitation letter from the Austrian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided Business bank statement of the latest 6 months Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation. Read more at Austrian Schengen Visa for Medical Purposes: A local medical report A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Austria, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation Payment receipt of medical fees Austrian Schengen Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes: Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage Names of the applicants (crew members) Duration of stay Travel itinerary Austrian Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations: The official invitation copy Identity of applicant Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations) Duration of stay Place of accommodation Austrian Schengen Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes: An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses Certificate of completion or courses attended Financial sustenance Austrian Schengen Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Austrian citizen: Proof of Austrian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Austrian nationality or naturalization order) Austrian marriage certificate Austrian family record book Austrian Airport Transit Visa: Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country Copy of your valid visa for your final destination Austrian Schengen Visa for Under-Age Children: Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license) Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent) If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent *Note: When applying at the Austrian embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children. Attention! Please consult the Austrian Embassy in your country for the updated Austria Visa requirements! Read more at